Tau do you like me now

Hello strangers!

Long time since my last post, last year in fact! Apologies for such a long hiatus between, sadly life threw a few spanners in the works and halted mini construction. But I'm now back and have a little project to show you all that's kept me busy for a couple of weeks.


After a wonderful trip up to Nottingham to visit Warhammer World with Garfy and Spaceshrimp I was massively inspired to start building a new army. Walking around the exhibits (despite not finding the assassin) was such an incredible way to explore different factions, especially to a newbie like me. The dioramas there, for those of you that haven't been, are alone well worth the visit. The Tau forces however really caught my attention and thus started the inevitable rabbit hole slide into purchasing more grey sheets of joy.


As you can see in the pictures I've started with just a standard unit of fire Soldiers from the start collecting set, this was partly to test my Bork'an scheme and partly because I was too scared to even look at my XV88 while holding a brush. I will admit I found the armor pieces on these guys and gals very testing. Trying to fill the recesses with a dark ink on top of a very light base paint meant I had to go back over a lot of work id already done, obviously if you do it right the first time and don't smear the ink you won't face that problem (unlike me)


I think overall it proved to be a successful series of lessons for me if nothing else. There are a lot of finer details and straight lines than I'm used to so I had a lot of practice trying to be as steady as possible. Not every line was perfect, nowhere near in fact, but as I'm constantly told by the Garf "We were all shit once". Practicing and experimenting with new and scary techniques is how I intend to be less shit and hopefully in the coming months I'll be able to share the evidence with you all.

Arcane

0 comments:

Post a Comment