Death Guard Poxwalkers

Another serious delay on posting! Personal life has stopped me painting for a while which in turn has stopped me posting. I promise to not make a habit of it though, especially seeings I know have a regular influx of models thanks to Warhammer: Conquest!



For those that are living under a rock this is the new weekly subscription service from Games Workshop that helps you build a sizeable Death Guard and Primaris army. A few friends have also signed up which has made it more of a shared experience, seeing how each person has differing themes and techniques. I am currently focusing on the Death Guard side of things and have batch painted a bunch of pox walkers, some included in the magazine and some I've had from a Dark Imperium set.



My theme for this army is a Bioshock-esque underwater grunge style. I've attempted a pale drowned corpse theme for the pox walkers including rusted verdigris copper weaponry. Some challenges I faced this time around as always started with the priming, I still haven't got the hang of this it seems as a few of the models had speckled paint that ruined some of the detail. I did however this time have successful results using Nihilakh Oxide to create the verdigris on the copper weapons which was a lot of fun to experiment with and produced the desired effect.



Going forward I will be working on some of marines that have arrived and try to add a little mermaid theme to each of them, talking lobster not included. In the coming weeks I will of course be doing a run down on this months Asset Drop Box as well as a review on a range of metallic paints from Darkstar.

Thanks for reading

Arcane







0 comments:

Post a Comment