Warhammer World Motivation

Little bit of Déjà vu today as it touches on my last article about motivation gained from visiting the wonderful Warhammer World in Nottingham.

This time it was largely impromptu and last minute as the very talented Garfy had to be in the area and suggested we spend the day letting SpaceShrimp beat us at Nightvault. How could i say no?


I always love our drives up in the morning as its a great breeding ground for ideas and plans. The time is easily melted away by discussing upcoming releases and possible projects. As someone who is still very fresh in the community I find these encounters beyond valuable. I'm lucky to have two close friends, who are in my eyes extremely talented, offering advice and guidance as well as steering me clear of pitfalls (especially when I am pulled by the sirens call that is new releases).


One thing I've learnt in my first year of hobby is that you can have all the equipment you need and some really exciting models but without regular motivation all of that is moot. As with all my lessons learnt it was done the hard way, but one piece of advice I can now give to new and veteran painters is to try and join a community of some sort whether its a few friends in a WhatsApp group or joining your local wargaming society. Seeing and hearing about other people's projects and actually playing the games gives me so much drive to get paint to plastic on my own projects and I think a lot of people benefit from this too.


And as you've probably seen from the pictures throughout Garfy and Spaceshrimp may motivate my painting and hobbying but they are ruthless when it comes to annihilating my Gloomspite friends.

Arcane


0 comments:

Post a Comment